Dave represents management in employment and labor law, with more than thirty-five years of experience in personnel law, wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour issues, issues relating to union organization, contract negotiations and handling of strikes and unfair labor practice charges.
A major part of Dave’s practice focuses on preventing claims against employers. This is accomplished through drafting of employment documents including applications, employee handbooks, disciplinary and termination forms, as well as onsite training for employers and management. Preventative and consulting work for employers enables Dave’s clients to anticipate problems that may arise and avoid claims of unlawful conduct and/or establish defenses needed to defeat such claims if they are brought by employees.
Dave regularly conducts management training courses for clients throughout the greater Sacramento area. He has provided in house training for the Sacramento Craftsmen Guild, the Sacramento Trades Guild, The Builders Exchanges of Stockton and Redding, U.C. Davis, Blue Diamond Growers, United Way, the California Grocers’ Association, Raley’s‐Bel Air, and Power Inn Alliance along with dozens of other private companies. Dave has also lectured for professional organizations such as Lorman Educational Services and the National Business Institute.
Dave’s life outside the office revolves around family, charity work and fun. His wife, Diann, and son, Jake, indulge Dave’s belief in giving back to the community. Thirty-five years of charity work is proof of that commitment. However, Dave also enjoys recreational activities, including the outdoors, martial arts and world travel.
University of California at Davis, King Hall Law School, J.D.
Claremont Men’s College, B.A.
• The Employers’ Council, President
• Power Inn Alliance, Board member
• Rotary – Sacramento Downtown, Past President and current member
• Fairytale Town, Past President of the Board
• Active 20/30 #1, Past President
• Sierra Adoption Services, former Board member
• Sutter Hospital Foundation, former Board member
• Greater Sacramento YMCA Foundation Board of Trustees, former Board member
• State Bar of California Labor & Employment Section, member (Not Active)